Sometimes a song gets stuck in your head and no amount of trying can get it out. Well, this happened to me the other day, with the C is for Cookie song. You know, the Cookie Monster song? It’s actually pretty catchy. So, with cookies on the brain, I whipped up these scrumptious oatmeal raisin cookies adapted from Ina Garten’s Back to Basics. And just in case you’re unfamiliar with the C is for Cookie song…
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks) at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 extra-large eggs at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned oatmeal
- 2 cups raisins
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Slowly add in dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Add in the oats and raisins and mix until just combined.
- Drop tablespoon sized mounds onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets and bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let cool on a baking rack. Enjoy.