I’m a big fan of slaws. Tangy slaws, sweet slaws. You name it. For my slaw base, I prefer thinly sliced brussels sprouts to cabbage, namely for the texture and flavour, but also, because brussels sprouts are nutrient-loaded veggie superstars. Yep, full of antioxidants and other disease fighting compounds. And those are good things.
Now, about this crunchy peanut brussels sprout slaw with sesame and lime dressing:
- It’s asian flavoured, light and only 5 ingredients (not counting the dressing).
- So good served as side with asian spiced chicken; loaded into rice paper spring rolls; as a delicious taco topping; or enjoyed as big lunchtime salad.
Crunchy Peanut Brussels Sprout Slaw with Sesame Lime Dressing
- 4 cups brussels sprouts washed, trimmed and finely chopped or shredded
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 3/4 cup carrot finely grated
- 1-2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts or cashews unsalted, crushed or chopped
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- juice of one lime
- pinch of salt to taste
- In a medium salad bowl, toss brussels sprouts, cilantro, carrot, green onions and crushed peanuts.
- In a mason jar, combine mayo, oil, honey, soya, lime and salt. Shake until smooth.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss until well combined. Enjoy!