Healthy Homemade Maple Granola Recipe || The best, most crunchy, nut-loaded, maple syrup infused granola. We’re talking almonds, pecans, shredded coconut, flax seeds, and rolled oats happily roasted with pure maple, coconut oil, vanilla, and cinnamon until golden, and delicious.
Store-bought granola is no competition for this healthy homemade maple granola recipe. No matter the brand, store-bought always tastes a little lack-luster and cardboardy. But not this crunchy granola. This maple granola recipe is full of nutty, natural, roasted flavor. We make it ALL THE TIME. The whole family is onboard with this healthy breakfast. Let’s go over the basics…
How to eat granola?
- By the spoonful, when no one’s looking.
- On top of your favorite yogurt…I love it with plain greek yogurt and some fresh berries.
- In a bowl, with milk or almond milk for a vegan granola option.
- Mixed up with a medley of your favorite fruits…chopped bananas, mangos, and raspberries…
- At a
nytime of day: start your morning off right and end the day with this crunchy and nutty granola for a healthy before bedtime snack.
How to make this healthy homemade maple granola recipe?
The good news…this granola is bananas simple to make. As uncomplicated as it gets, for something so delicious.
- Bake up the oats, coconut, and nuts until fragrant and toasted, roughly 15-20 minutes in a 350-degree oven.
- While the oat mixture is roasting, mix the maple, coconut oil (melted), vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Once the oats are toasted, remove from the oven and pour the maple mixture all over, stirring gently to coat.
- Back into the oven (at 300-degrees) for 25 minutes. Remove and cool.
P.S. If you’re a granola fan, you will love these healthy, school-friendly chocolate chip raisin granola bars. Perfect for a quick breakfast.
Healthy Homemade Maple Granola Recipe
- 2 cups large rolled oats quick oats work too
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup whole flax seeds
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (liquid)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- On a large parchment paper lined baking sheet, combine oats, nuts, flax seed, and shredded coconut. Bake for 15-20 minutes (stirring twice) until toasted and fragrant.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, combine coconut oil (melted, if not in liquid form), maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.
- Remove the oat mixture and reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees. Drizzle the maple syrup mixture all over the oat mixture (still on the same baking sheet) and carefully stir until well-coated.
- Return the mixture to the oven and bake at 300 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Using a spatula, transfer granola onto a large sheet of parchment paper to cool fully (30 minutes). Store in an airtight container for up to five days. Enjoy over your morning yogurt!