Oven Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken || The most simple, everyday easy kind of meal. A five-ingredient saucy baked chicken dish, that comes together in five minutes. Sweet, tangy and perfect with rice and veggies.
It doesn’t get much easier than this oven baked sweet and sour chicken —recipe courtesy of my mum. She often whips up this chicken when we visit and it is very delicious, comfort food. Not to mention, only five ingredients.
When it comes to simple, weeknight easy—this is it. You can literally pop this sweet and sour chicken into the oven within minutes, and prep your sides while it bakes. We like it served with jasmine rice and bok choi, but there are so many yummy potential pairings here…a sautéed veggie medley with broccoli and peppers? YES. Garlicky green beans. For sure. Whatever your pairing, this chicken dish is a crowd pleaser.
How to make this oven baked sweet and sour chicken:
Whisk up ketchup, soya sauce, garlic, and brown sugar.
Pour over the chopped up chicken breasts, and voila. Your sweet and sour chicken is ready for the oven.
Check out all that flavorful sauce. So good spooned over your favorite rice, topped with the baked chicken and green veggies.
P.S. If you’re looking for easy, crowd-pleasing mains, check out these fan favs:
- Healthy One-Pan Mexican Chicken and Rice
- Lemony Rigatoni with Kale and Shallots
- Easy Tilapia Fish Tacos with Mango and Slaw
Foodie friends, you can now see all my kitchen creations over at yummly.com and easily save my recipes to your own Yummly collections via the little orange ‘YUM’ button to the right of my recipe card title. A great way to save and organize your favorite recipes!
Oven Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 boneless chicken breasts each breast quartered
- Preheat oven to 350. In a 9 x 13 baking dish, add in chicken breasts (quartered) and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together ketchup, soya, brown sugar, and garlic. Pour oven chicken and toss until chicken is well coated.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked. Serve over sticky rice with your favorite greens.