This Creamy Avocado Spinach Pasta is EVERYTHING. Where to begin? Weeknight-friendly. Healthy. Fresh. Filling. A family Fav. AND (drum roll please) ready in 15 minutes.
Today I’m sharing my go-to weeknight meal of late, this creamy avocado spinach pasta. It’s fresh, easy, healthy, and the kids LOVE it. More and more we’re going meatless, and with mains like this one, and this one, I don’t feel that we’re missing out. And factoring in the ease of a meatless dish I AM sold. [Sidebar—how often do you and yours eat meat-centered meals? Share the dets with me in the comments below.]
What’s to love about this creamy avocado pasta?
- First off, the avocado spinach-based sauce comes together in just a few minutes, in a blender. No stovetop messes, cans to open, or time spent simmering. Just easy, simple ingredients. I always have a box of washed baby spinach in the fridge and avocados on hand, so when I’m rushed or trying to come up with something at the last minute, this is it.
- Another win, this dish is super adaptable. No pine nuts, no problem, swap for walnuts or forgo altogether. Same for the spinach, if you don’t have any on hand, try arugula, fresh basil leaves, or a combination thereof. And for the last minute addition of corn to the pasta pot, frozen peas or edamame would make good substitutes.
How to make this creamy avocado spinach pasta?
- We’ll start by bringing our pot of water to a boil, then move on to the sauce.
- Into a Vitamix (or another power blender) toss the olive oil, avocado, garlic, parmesan, spinach, pine nuts, lemon, and salt and pepper.
- Blend on the lowest setting (setting 1) until all the ingredients come together. You’ll then want to dial up to the highest setting until the sauce becomes smooth and creamy (for me that’s setting 10 for about 45 seconds).
- Side note, my newly acquired Vitamix is my pride and joy, and I honestly don’t know how we survived in the past without it.
AND, speaking of easy, healthy vegetarian weeknight-friendly pasta recipes…check out my Lemony Rigatoni with Kale and Shallots. So yum.