Mexican Bean Salad
A quick, easy, and hearty side salad that's perfect for summer BBQ season and loaded with tasty, healthy ingredients like beans, peppers, cilantro, lime, corn, and Mexican spices.
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 6 as a side
- 1 can of black beans 540 ml
- 1 can of kidney beans 540 ml
- 1 cup corn frozen or canned or freshly cooked
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- juice of 2 to 3 limes depending how juicy they are
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
In a serving bowl, mix drained and rinsed beans with corn (frozen or canned or freshly cooked--whatever you have on hand), and chopped peppers.
Next add in chopped green onions, chopped cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic, spices, and salt and pepper.
Taste and add additional lime and salt as necessary.