Herb Loaded Kale and Quinoa Salad
Servings: 4 as a side | a main for 2
- 4-5 cups kale washed, dried and chopped up into small bites
- 2 cups cooked tri-color quinoa (for 2 cups cooked, you'll need 1 cup of dry, uncooked quinoa and 2 cups of water)
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 yellow pepper chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan reggiano finely grated
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
Combine all and add extra salt and pepper to taste.
* I use tri-color quinoa, but any color or color combination will do!
* How to cook the quinoa: Rinse the dry quinoa (1 cup) with cold water. Toss the quinoa into a medium pot and toast over medium-high heat in a glug of olive oil for a minute or two. Add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 12-15 minutes -- until all the water is absorbed. Cover and let cool.