Chicken Moo Shu Lettuce Wraps
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 2 people (depending on how hungry you are!)
- 2 medium boneless chicken breasts sliced into bite sized pieces --small 1/4 inch cubes
- 3 tbsp tamari (use soya sauce as a substitute)
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 inch fresh gingeroot finely minced ~ 1 tbsp
- 1 large carrot finely grated or chopped ~ 1 cup
- 1/2 cup red purple cabbage finely grated or chopped
- 2 green onions (washed, trimmed and finely sliced ~ 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup raw peanuts roughly chopped or crushed
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds I like to use a combo of white and black sesame seeds
- 1 head of boston lettuce (leaves washed and patted dry)
Prepare chicken breasts—cut into small bite size pieces (roughly 1/4 inch cubes). Set aside.
In a small mixing bowl (large enough for the chicken) combine tamari, hoisin, sesame oil, vinegar, water, garlic and ginger.
Add in diced chicken—stir to coat. Set aside.
Using a small food processor (or a grater) pulse carrot into small pieces.
Repeat with the cabbage.
Prepare garnishes (green onions, peanuts, sesame seeds) and set aside.
In a large stove-top pan, sauté the marinated chicken over medium high heat, stirring frequently for roughly 5 minutes.
Stir in carrots and cabbage and cook for another 3-5 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked.
Spoon chicken onto boston lettuce leaves and garnish with sesame seeds, peanuts and green onions. Enjoy!