Curried Cauliflower Soup Recipe with Lentils || This bright, healthy cauliflower soup recipe is flavor-loaded and full of good stuff, like onions, garlic, lemon juice, curry, and cumin. Plus cauliflower, carrots, celery and lentils, all blended together until smooth, delicious and golden.
Right now I’m all about soup. I’m currently fighting a serious case of the sniffles (they will not win) and this bright, healthy curried cauliflower soup recipe is full of all the good things. Cold-fighting things, like onion, garlic, lemon juice
In addition to
The deep freeze is also seeing some yummy chili and stew action of late and I plan on making (and stashing) this Rockin Moroccan Stew (from the Looneyspoons ladies) again very soon. It’s SO. GOOD. You should make it. Right after making this curried cauliflower soup.
How do you manage meals and weekend activities? Especially in winter? Are you into big batch cooking and freezing or is cooking done on the fly? Let me know in the comments below. And drop me a comment if you try out this cauliflower soup!
Curried Cauliflower Soup Recipe with Lentils
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large cauliflower head washed and broken into small florets
- 1 large carrot peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalks washed and chopped
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 1800 ml chicken broth or vegetable broth 2 cartons
- 540 ml can of lentils drained and rinsed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 dashes worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a large stovetop pot, over medium-high heat, sauté cauliflower florets, carrots, celery and onion in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (broth, lentils, garlic, worcestershire, cumin, curry, bay leaf, salt, pepper and lemon) and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 30-45 minutes, until all the veggies are tender.
- Remove bay leaf and, using a hand-held immersion blender, blend until smooth. Delicious right away, but even better the following day.