Mango Spinach Smoothie with Mint and Citrus || This bright green healthy smoothie is loaded with feel-good, look-good things, like frozen mango, fresh mint, baby spinach, freshly squeezed lime, AND freshly squeezed orange juice. And the best part? This green smoothie is bright, yummy, and full of flavor.
On the whole spectrum of green, and possible greens for a smoothie to be, this green is the one you want. I mean, just look at that glorious, bright (almost neon…in a good way) green. Another truth, it tastes as good as it looks.
Frozen chopped mango gives this healthy green smoothie its sweet, fruity base and makes life easy. No need to sit around waiting for mangos to ripen. Just open that bag of frozen mangos and pop them into a blender. [Sidenote: you should ALWAYS have mangos (and raspberries and blueberries) in the freezer–in my humble opinion.]
Next, another kitchen staple. Washed baby spinach. Yes, an absolute kitchen-must-have. Pre-washed baby spinach is the best. Add it to sauces (see my avocado spinach pasta recipe), your favorite frittata recipe, and of course, a handful into your morning smoothie. The subtle flavor of spinach lets the fruit flavor stand out above all else, but you get a healthy dose of nutrient loaded, super-food. High fives for the win-win.
What you’re going to need to make this mango spinach smoothie:
- A power blender, I use this Vitamix. Make sure your blender is powerful enough to blend until smooth and creamy (with no bits of spinach remaining).
- One cup of
frozenchopped mango, half a cup packed baby spinach, seven large mint leaves, the juice of one juicy navel orange, the juice of half a lime and one and a half cups of cold water.
- And that’s IT. Add and blend. Start on the lowest setting and gradually ramp up to the highest setting and let it go until creamy, and smooth. This might be 10 seconds, or 20, or more depending on your blender.
If you want to double down on your green smoothie benefits, add kale to the mix and make it a kale spinach smoothie. Here I’d replace the half cup of spinach with a quarter cup each of kale and spinach. Or swap entirely. Either way, a healthy green smoothie is the best way to start your day.
P.S. Speaking of healthy starts, here are my favorite healthy, start-your-day recipes:
Mango Spinach Smoothie with Mint and Citrus
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup packed baby spinach
- juice of one navel orange
- juice of half a lime
- 7 large fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- Place all in a power blender—vitamix, ninja or similar—and blend, starting on the lowest setting, gradually increasing to the highest setting, until completely smooth and creamy.