Another day, ANOTHER muffin recipe. Yep, that’s how this kitchen rolls. Prepare yourself mentally…for a lot of baked goodness, like these healthy, fabulous oatmeal banana muffins. Moist, dense, and just sweet enough. AND easy, so easy. One bowl, five minutes and you’ll have these guys in the oven.
Out of eggs, and out of milk, I scrounged my fridge for what I could substitute. I WANTED muffins. Clearly. I spotted some plain greek yogurt, and ripe bananas, and knew I was in business. Thirty minutes later, sitting on the sofa with a cup of tea, a warm buttered banana muffin, and pooch desperate for rubs, I was rewarded. Perfect afternoon snack.
NOW, if you’re in a muffin mood, but without yogurt and bananas, check out my go-to favorite carrot date muffins. YUM. Happy muffin making.
Oatmeal Banana Muffins
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup quick rolled oats or regular rolled oats * plus a couple extra pinches
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips *optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffins tins or lightly grease—set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas, oil, yogurt, honey, and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips if using.
- Scoop batter (I used about 1/4 cup) into prepared muffins tins, sprinkle tops with a few pinches of oats and bake for 18-20 minutes—until the tops are nice and golden.