Oatmeal Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips || Made with greek yogurt, honey, and quick rolled oats, these yummy, healthy muffins are also quick and easy. All you need is one bowl and five minutes!
Another day, ANOTHER muffin recipe. Yep, that’s how this kitchen rolls. Prepare yourself mentally for a lot of baked goodness, like these healthy, delicious, snacktime-perfect oatmeal banana muffins with chocolate chips. All you need is one bowl, ripe bananas and five minutes for these easy, subtly sweet muffins.
Made with honey, greek yogurt, and quick rolled oats, these oatmeal banana muffins boast equal amounts of feel-good ingredients and baked yumminess. They also happen to be egg and milk free, so if that suits your dietary needs, hurray:) 🙌
How to make these oatmeal banana muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 400 and grab a large mixing bowl.
- Mash two ripe bananas and whisk with oil, yogurt, honey, and vanilla.
- Add in flour, quick oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well-combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and scoop the batter into prepared muffin tins (greased or lined), filling near the top.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until golden and firm. 😍
Happy muffin making! If you give these a try, please let me know in the comments below. I love hearing from you. Seriously, I want all the details.
A note for my gluten-free readers: I also have THIS healthy, gluten-free recipe for banana muffins with chocolate chips that uses coconut, oat, and almond flour. They. Are. Yummy.
Oatmeal Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- 2 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt I use 0%
- 1/2 cup liquid honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup quick rolled oats or regular rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffins tins or lightly grease—set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas, oil, yogurt, honey, and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter (I used about 1/4 cup) into prepared muffins tins and bake for 18-20 minutes— until the tops are nice and golden.