This recipe stunner is from the always reliable/delicious Pioneer Woman. If you’re partial to fruity desserts like me, give it a go. The best part (well second best, since it was so delicious) — only five ingredients (!). I adapted the recipe below slightly, swapping the out the blackberries for raspberries and can imagine this working well with lots of fruit/fruit combos (peaches, fresh strawberries, rhubarb…). Enjoy!
Raspberry Cobbler, Pioneer Style
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1-1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- In a small bowl, melt the butter.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of sugar and the self-rising flour. Whisk in the milk.
- Add the melted butter to the sugar/flour mixture and whisk until well-combined.
- Butter a shallow baking dish. I used a 10'' pie dish (1-1/2'' deep) and the size was just right!
- Rinse and dry the fresh raspberries.
- Pour the batter into the buttered baking dish.
- Even distribute the raspberries over the top of the batter.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup sugar over the top.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until golden and bubbly.
- Optional - sprinkle a spoonful sugar over the cobbler 10 minutes before it’s done.